Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ho-hum...

So I'm posting this on a Tuesday and not a Monday (which is really suppose to be a Sunday night) because I just could not get myself together. We've been busy bees, just not really focused(which is not like bees at all I guess, and there in lies the problem).

I've been knitting like a fool  and am just over half way with B's afghan. That's right, 4 weeks of knit-n-purl and I've got lovely half completed blanket. I know that sounds sarcastic (and it is a bit) but I'm really happy with my results so far (really).  It is what I have come to do in the evenings.  I have been listening to books on tape and knitting.  It is so a  "Celebrate the Moments" commercial.


O.k. so no Jean-Luke, but you get the idea.

The food front these past two weeks two have been a bit lack-luster.  I'm hoping to remedy that during the next week. I'm feeling Thai-ish, Indian-ish...well exotic to say the least.
Over the Easter holiday(and B's spring break) we baked a bit and dyed some eggs.  B is getting pretty handy in the kitchen and likes to help.  I love it.

Making Easter Cookies

She's a baker...
Frosted and ready for eat'n





Because the weather has finally turned from glum to yum we've been outside a lot. We broke out B's big two wheeler for some cruising.  She was a bit rusty, but after a few spins around the ol' baseball field she was good to ride off into the sunset.  She even survived her first big crash (me too, though I'd like to never see the likes of it again!).  

As we were free from the house, we felt it only fair to let our beloved cat out too.  Now this sounds easy... just open the door and let him out.  Well I'm not that relaxed.  We live in a busy area and I don't want anything sad and tragic to happen to him(he's also prettier than he is clever) so it is a harnesses for him.  So when I said free I really meant free-to-walk-strapped-in-and-less-than-3-feet-away-at-all-times.  Who walks their cat on a harness? Well we lived in a small town were it was the law.  You could be fined if your cat was found roaming about.  What the...How the...Seriously??? So not wanting to break the law, we leashed the cat.  Long story short:  The Cat and the Leash



He digs it.  

Now for Things I love

Hair salons and Hairdressers-
Nothing like getting your hairs cut to make you feel fresh and new.  I love the stylists with their black non-uniform uniforms, fearless haircuts and colors, and interesting tattoos. I love the spinnability of the chairs. I love the funky music and trashy gossipy magazines.  I love getting my hair washed and played with.  When I leave the salon I feel like I've shed some old crusty, itchy skin to reveal a pretty, polished and perky me.  Then there are the products...oh we'll save that one for a later date.

Summer Clothes-
Specifically long maxi dresses or skirts and flip-flops.  I know we are technically two months away from the official first day of summer, and there are still some 60 degree mornings, but I feel pretty good about sporting a dress these days.  I wish it could be summer all the time...




Blue Cheeses-
O.K. I'm a vegetarian save the cheese and eggs (Lacto-ovo vegetarian).  It is the stinky, blue mold, creaminess that keeps me from being a full blown vegan (that and honey, good leather shoes or a bag, and probably some of my beauty products too).  I  have been putting the stuff on every thing this year.  This weeks indulgence were mini croissants with a sliver of Point Reyes Blue, strawberries and cracked pepper.  It's like two bites of love.

Youtube-
I post a lot of videos from this genius of a site.  You can watch vintage commercials,  your favorite childhood cartoons, the royal wedding, movies, craziness caught on film by accident or with purpose.  I fill my John Cusack, Patti Smith, Ministry, Knitting, Actors Studio, Julia Child, Cartoon Express needs there.  Good stuff. Good, good stuff.


Thank you for reading.

J







  

3 comments:

  1. Sixty degree mornings?! I would love that! I don't care, I'm wearing a skirt anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you didn't have the best week but this is a great post, only thing it's missing is John Travolta otherwise it has all the things I LOVE.
    Not the bike crash but that does add some excitement.
    Wusthof walking B is about the best thing I have ever seen, the photos are wonderful.
    Blue Cheese & HONEY, we could stop there but NO...the Youtube section...I could go on & on. GOOD STUFF, GOOD STUFF!
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I was going to say missing John Cusak but NO, hes there.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete