Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday, Monday...

I am writing this while eating my breakfast of a German Chocolate bar (1 oz.) filled with a sweet strawberry yogurt and a cup of Earl Grey tea.



It's foggy and damp.  This is the best I can do today...

Project B's afghan is only about 2 or three more sections from being complete.  It is 40"x 40" now I'm shooting or 40" x 50".  My plan is to start on th border next week. Exciting! 

This past week was spent outside as much as possible.  We did have plenty of sunshine so B and I played at the parks after school and after dinner nearly everyday.  She can play! I love how she can make friends with any kid on the playground regardless of age.  Ahhh, Play, the universal uniter. Play is really an ambiguous discription. What happens is a game of tag or hide-n-seek. Nothing breaks the ice like running away. When they all get too tired to carry on, B turns the break into a business opportunity and starts her own ice cream or pizza joint. She'll employ enough kids to delegate prep and clean up, and she sells.  She'll  let the public know she is open for business and what she is selling by giving a big yell or going to personally invite parents and kids to her shop.  I'm usually the first customer as I am easily controlled.  "Mommy," she says, "You have to order a slice of cheese pizza then go buy the ice cream. Oh, and my name is Julianna."  Julianna makes delicious pizza.

Our dinners this week were pretty tasty too.  To start, we made a dumpling soup with vegetable stock, fresh veggies (that means carrots and broccoli in this house) and fresh rolls.  The dumplings were really homemade raviolis that I filled with minced veggies instead of cheese. 



 We love soup, so this was a tasty and nourishing dinner of all that  play.   We had savory crepes(same recipe I've posted before, but I cut the sugar down to just a pinch) with roasted corn and caramelized onions toped with goat cheese. B was surprised we could eat this for dinner as she likes them sweet and for breakfast.  
We made whole wheat Pasta Primavera with a rainbow of veggies that were just too pretty not to post about either.  

Those are sweet potatoes and purple potatoes that I roasted with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Delicious!

For our Friday night Mommy-n-Me night we made Eggplant Parmesan with Lemon Bars for dessert.  I (as always) used Martha Stewart.com for the recipes.  This is what we did:  






And for Dessert...


We rounded out the evening with a...


and...




Cheeky indeed!
I want to snap my fingers and have the house clean itself.  



Things I Love

Lemons-
They are pretty. They smell clean and fresh. You can clean with them, cook with them (civiche), candy them, drink with them. They brighten my day.




Hers too....

Wusthof-
This is our cat...
 
He's frequently in the background of our pictures or just underfoot.  He the 4th member of our family (but thinks hes the first).  He eats with us, sleeps with us and everything in between. He's a funny critter and we love him.   He was not feeling well this week and spent a couple of days on lock down.  He's better, but his illness reminded me how grateful I am for his companionship however strangely vocal, feisty and sheddy he is.
Sleepy little fuzz ball!
  
On that note I hope all is well with you and thank you for reading.

J





No comments:

Post a Comment