Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mellow

We are beginning to wrap up our time here on/in the centeral East Coast in.  We are on the last few weeks in fact (under 30 days but, who is counting).  For me it means packing.  This could seem like a daunting and miserable task, but for someone like me I quite like it.  Organize, pack, organize.  It's like a soothing nursery rhyme. I also find moving a bit cleansing.  You go through your stuff and keep the stuff that matters to you, then redistribute the stuff that does not.  I will say that as I've aged I feel the need to do this less and less. Meaning I'm keeping more and redistributing less.  Hmmmm... I can't decide if this is because I get less meaningless stuff or I'm finding meaning in more stuff.  

On my knitting project let me say I'm down to the last 5 inches.
Here are some pictures for what I've been working on for 2 months.
Nearly 46 inches of knitting!

K2P2 for 8Rows and K for 6 rows....



I am trying to decide if and what I should do for a border.  Any ideas?


B and I were hit this week with a pretty terrible head cold.  I won't go into detail because we've all head one and know what it means.  It's no fun.  If there is an upside to this illness it is B started her first "chapter book."
She has been reading short books for a bit. She'll read a couple of pages from her favorites but she'd been skipping the longer pages opting for a summary. Then on Tuesday she asked if she read to me and she read through a chapter of Frog and Toad.  Followed by another...then another.  She is so proud of herself.  It is adorable, astounding, awesome. She can read.


Food this week was pretty tasty even with our cold.  I'll just post a few pics.

Lemon Cream cheese filling for Crepes


Fore mentioned crepes
B's version with Nutella and raspberries.

B and her Heuvos Rancheros...


Things I love...


Kitchen Aid Mixer-
It was a wedding gift and I love it.  I think I use it once or twice a week.  Whipped creams, egg whites, sweet batters, breads... it never lets me down.  It's even been dropped on the floor, cupcake encrusted and still it works. In a weird way it give me confidence in my cooking.



Hair Pins (A.K.A. Bobbie Pins)-
Now that my hair is longer I've been spending a lot less time time doing anything to it.  Usually just pull it back in a clip barrette or an elastic.  Pins make it a lil' fancier.  Check out this tutorial from one of my favorite bloggers...


Elvis Coffee Mug-
This was given to me as a birthday gift 3 years ago now and it is my favorite.  Since this was a sick week I used it a lot with soups and Teas.  It's part rocker, part renaissance... and tuff too! Many of conversation have begun over my mug.  Usually at the bus stop waiting for B.  I think the King just invites a good time.



Puffs Tissues- 
Sick weeks remind me I should invest in Sick products.  B and I went through 2 boxes each of tissues.
My nose thanks you for the gentlness.

Hope your healthy and thanx for reading.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment