Monday, July 25, 2011

Playtime and Magic Water...

This week was filled with play dates and museums.  
We stopped by the famed Fountain of Youth.  Despite the cheese ball sign off the main drag (think South of the Border down 95 South), we found it was really a lovely site at the end of pretty street.  

Welcome...






The actual  fountain.  We got to drink from it.  It was a bit salty and tasted of  minerals.  I'm still in my  30's but my skin looks amazing.  Could this be the effects of the fountain?


B making friends with the locals




an albino peacock? 


B at a cannon firing.  It was loud!



Since we were out a lot this week, we ate most of our meals pic-nic style.  That means out of plastic bags and containers and cut into small bite size pieces. But it was a fair trade off.  Plenty of play time, lots of new acquaintances and tans.  I'm no longer the palest or reddest person on the beach.  I'm far from the darkest mind you too.  I'm comfortably light caramel.  B is a shade or two darker.  She and her dad had me beat in a few hours.  I slather the goop on and wear lots of clothing including wide brimmed hats.  I want a gradual leathering, I guess.  



Things I Love

~Spray on Sunblock~
I think this is my new favorite product.  No longer will you be dependent on someone else to smear lotion over your bits and pieces even and thoroughly.  I've had too many weirdly shaped burns(think searing fingers or feathering burns) but no more!!! This stuff covers it all.  
~Wide brim hats~
As you can see from the picture above, I enjoy my wide brimmed hat.  I like to think of it as the Kentucky Derby  beach style.  I'll make it cool.  

~Water~
You drink it, clean with it, cook with it and play in it.  It is the essence of life.  Men searched the world for special magic water. There are hundreds of theme parks for it.  We are lucky to have it so readily available for us.  Thank you H2O. 



  

Thank you for reading...
J


1 comment:

  1. Yay, signing in through Gmail worked.
    What a great few weeks. You are amazing, LOVE the afghan & lamp.
    Your family looks so happy & YOU look FANTASTIC, the beach definitely agrees with you.
    This weeks things I love...I too LOVE. Completely agree on the spray on sunscreen, Neutrogena is my personal fave. Can't rave enough about the beauty in a wide brimmed hat, now to figure out how to make one I can swim in. Speaking of swimming the H2O, LOVE WATER! New Mexico needs some in a bad way. Can't wait to come get myself a drink of that there fountain of youth.
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete