Sunday, July 3, 2011

Independence Day

Five years ago today I eloped with my longtime boyfriend and father to my 1 year old little girl.
This hallmark has reminded me to look back and reflect on the man and our time together.  I am amazed at the life we have had.
I have known him for most of my adult life.  It has been sometimes challenging while others times down right annoying, but always loving.  He provides logic to my wacky, chaos to my order, fun to my rigid, and softness to my strict.  He's taught  me to cook, travel, and enjoy life for its simple pleasures ( for starters).  He is patient, and thoughtful.  He is intelligent, silly and funny.  He has been a loving husband and friend.  He is a loving father.
We got hitched the day before Independence Day.  It's kinda funny really.  Giving up my independence at a time when the nation celebrates its own.  The beauty of it is I feel like I gained freedom in getting married.  There is no more uncertainty in where I am going.  I am going with him. And I know he always has my back. There I feel  fortunate to share a  life with someone I  still like them at the end of the day.
I'm proud to call myself his wife.

Happy Elopement Anniversary J.



Happy Independence Day too.

Thanx for reading.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment