Monday, September 26, 2011

Caca-caw!



This is how my week felt...



Ever have a week where you feel like you are out of your body and watching a comedy of errors, but it is really you and your life?  Yeah, that was my week.  It was not any one thing or even that it was bad.  In fact it was not and a lot of good things happened.  I just felt like everyone was speaking a foreign language this week. 
It is probably me...

I've getting close to finishing my decoupage book shelf.  It has taken a bit longer than I thought it would.  There are lots of little areas that take time to cut and set.  I'm shooting for finishing this week some time.  
I'm getting sick of seeing the books on the floor.  Messes are always good motivation for me.  

I'm nearly ready to take my city licence test for tour guides.  I did go out and go through one last Friday and it was really fun.  There was lighting of a Cannon! I also learned I can take a cannon firing course.  Look out neighbors---this ain't a potato gun!

B is doing well.  She is reading through the Junie B books as fast as she can.  I want to start tallying her pages so she can see how many she has read, and that gives her a goal.  I was thinking of making a wall chart with the number of pages she reads displayed.  When she hits 1000 she gets a prize.  I also thought of pennies or jelly beans in a jar for each page again when she reaches 1k  a prize.  Jelly beans are cheap but they are a candy. It is hard enough to get her to brush her teeth now. I think jelly beans will guarantee a cavity.  Pennies may be a better option.  Any thoughts?

We have also started taking German lessons with a German friend.  We've got our colors down and our fruits, and some greetings!  B was practicing last night as she was falling a sleep.  Eines, Zwei,drei...

This week I'll close with silly video. 
If a goat can climb a tree...





Thank you for reading...

J




3 comments:

  1. Still laughing out loud over that cussin' chicken dance video. I could watch again and again.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, of course I LOVE the goats in trees too.
    Missing you as I finish my hardest Mod Podge project yet. I have learned some new tricks, and I definitely recommend finishing with an acrylic spray.
    I wish I got a prize for every thousand pages read. I think pennies are not only a great idea (they add up) but also a great use for the useless penny.
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete