Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Final Count Down...

If you saw the title of this weeks post and then heard Europe's anthem you are so on my wavelength this week. If you have no idea who Europe is, well then, Click the video below.  Even if you know it, click it anyway.  It's sooooooo worth it.  Cassio keyboards,  permed hair and operatic rock...


This is our last week in Philly. We've finished the packing and have moved to cleaning. Cleaning can be therapeutic, right?  I've used it to burn energy or boredom, and I usually like cleaning.  I have to say I'm over it this week.  OVER IT!  I clean, B messes.  I clean again Wusthof barfs.  Cuss!

Another great happening occurred when I ran over a nail yesterday. Love to fiddle with that this week before a 900mi drive.  I changed a tire though.  Who knew I could do that? The car rolled off the jack just as I was tightening the bolt/nut (?) things.  Nick of time on that one.  I'm also pretty sure that was not suppose to happen.  Just glad I had the tire and bolt/nut(?) things on.  Cars! Mah.

We are officially out of food.  I have some brown sugar and golden raisins left, as well as some hot sauces. Not even a gourmet like the husband could fanangle edible vittles from those ingredients. It's Duncan donuts for us for the next few days.  Hello coffee! I've been on the coffee wagon for quite a while now.  Most of the year I'd say. Oh, how the mighty do fall. Look out caffeinated mornings, I have returned.


Things I love


B-isms~
B and I were sharing a root beer soda this week.  She gasps and says, "Mom! Is this a beer? Have I been drinking beer?"  Ahhhh, the power of reading.

Crossing things off a list~
Yeah, I'm that girl.  Want something done, write it on a list.  I think that is why I do most things, just to be able to cross it off the list.

Storms~
More specifically I love the way the sky looks just before it rains.  Grey, with a silver light behind it.  It makes the colors of everything else pop. Brings beauty to my attention that would normally go unnoticed. It makes me relax, and pay attention, at the same time it helps me get lost in thought. My idea of meditation.


On that note (watch the Final Count Down video again...),

Thank you for reading.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment